In the past year I’ve read 2 biographies about military heroes and I can’t help but be overwhelmed by their dedication and perseverance. These stories are so mind-blowing that it’s hard to believe they are true.
Military personnel all over the world have lessons to teach us. Whether we work in the home or out of the home; in a suit or in shorts; in a high-rise or outside, these hard working men and women are fine examples of dedicated leaders.
Two of Many Books on Military Leader that Will Inspire You
The two books I read and recommend are Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption and Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown.
If you’re having any trouble remembering the cost of our freedom or if you need a fresh burst of inspiration, read these books. Besides being educated about history you can learn at least 5 tips on leadership while you read.
Leadership tips to learn from those who serve our country
- Our purpose is bigger than our self.
- We can’t do it alone. We need comrades/family/teammates.
- Just because it hasn’t been done before doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
- Life isn’t always fair, but that’s not an excuse to give up.
- Success usually involves an immense amount of hard work.
Have you read these or other inspiring military books? Which one is your favorite?