Centennial and FranNet hosted an event highlighting the value of volunteering with a non-profit organization. Rob Reifsnyder, CEO of United Way, Erin Ascher, CHRO of the University of Cincinnati and Alecia Townsend Kintner, COO of Artswave shared their expertise as our esteemed panelists.
Our panelists discussed these reasons to be involved with non-profits and how they can impact your personal and professional life:
- Non-profits are tremendous development opportunities in your career – you have the ability to be involved with everything that it takes to run a business.
- Non-profits not only build skills in leaders, but will give leaders a sense of fulfillment and the opportunity to connect with other leaders.
- Non-profits provide the corporate world with creative ways to encourage employee development, employee recruitment, attraction and retention.
- If you are new to Cincinnati, non-profits are a comfortable way to quickly become networked with your “culture-and-purpose niche” inside the community and meet new people.
- Non-profits encourage social responsibility inside an organization and can truly change the culture of an organization. It shows that your company not only cares about you and your development, but cares about others in the community where we all work, play, and live.
- As a business community, we can help non-profits figure out what the impact measurements are and how they can market those measurements.
This panel expressed the importance of engaging volunteers from the business community who want to expand, hone or sharpen their skills set. What value would your expertise and skill set offer to non-profits offering fresh eyes with different perspectives.
How do you fit it all in? You make time for what is important to you and what you value.
Where are you personally in your philanthropic dreams or goals, and what practical steps will you take to move in that direction?
If you are ready to utilize your passions for a non profit board, we recommend you evaluate the following corporate board development programs or call Centennial and express this interest 513-366-3760.
- ArtsWave – BOARDway Bound
- United Way – BOLD
- Executive Service Corps of Cincinnati – Non-profit Leadership Institute