Companies usually have a team of individuals with strong technical and knowledge skills, but what they sometimes lack at the executive level are the soft, people skills.
After reflecting on a question asked to me, “What do you see as the most sought-after skills clients look for in an executive?”, I wanted to share 6 combination skills that an executive must have. In today’s marketplace, it is not good enough to have just one or the other, you must have them all:
- Strategic thinking plus the ability to be hands on.
- Ability to plan long-term plus the ability to implement short-term initiatives.
- Maintain people leadership skills plus business leadership skills.
- Have learned from business challenges plus life challenges– you’ve learned from both and persevered through both.
- Bring physical energy plus emotional energy to the workplace.
- Learn from the past plus implement in the present plus plan for the future!
What do you think are the most sought after skills for executive talent today?