We wanted to share with you some excellent proactive steps you can take to reverse the negative effects of a less-than-great interview experience. The author of an article entitled “7 Things You Can Do after a Really Bad Job Interview” provides these:
- Reflect on the experience.
- Learn from it.
- Learn to forgive yourself.
- Explain what went wrong in a follow-up thank you note.
- Use the thank you note to add anything you forgot to mention.
- Inform the employer of any outside distractions.
- Never apologize for a bad interview – but do say sorry for specific slip-ups.