This week Mike is back and he is talking to Robin Throckmorton about being an entrepreneur. If you own a business you don’t want to miss this one. Robin is the Founder and President of Strategic HR. She shares her insights and lessons learned about starting as a solo-prenuer, and how she scaled her business to 18 employees.
Listen to the episode now:
- How she got the guts to go out on her own to have flexibility as a young professional and a new mom (6:20)
- The gender and age bias she faced and what she did to build credibility (9:35)
- How she reacted to someone telling her his client wouldn’t work with her because she is female and too young (10:25)
Robin did not let discrimination set her back. In fact, she says, it pushed her to get involved with more leadership programs centered around empowering women. (12:18)
Mike and Robin discuss the challenges of scaling a business, and share these tips:
- How to find the right advisors (19:04)
- How to let go of control (20:40)
- The book and the team building activity that transformed her business (21:35)
Mike and Robin then switch gears to discuss the challenges of finding balance as a leader of a business. Listen to get tips on how they maintain the fine line of balancing work and life well. (23:00)
Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue and Profit in 3 Years or Less – by Cameron Herold (commission link*)
*As an Amazon Associate, TMI earns commission from qualifying purchases.