In this week’s episode, Becky Scheeler, VP of Client Engagement for Centennial Executive Search and Talent Strategy (TMI’s parent company) interviews her long-time mentor and friend Michael Glenn.
They met at Fidelity 30 years ago and still keep in touch, learn and grow from one another. Here, they discuss real-life stories about conflict resolution and attributes every leader must have to succeed.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 3 leadership tactics Mike used with Becky that shaped her future career potential (1:50)
- 1 thing that managers hardly ever do but is the BEST tactic for keeping high potential talent (3:30)
- What coaching clients REALLY want to know when they hire you, and how to build trust (10:15)
Invaluable leadership information, Mike shares his 3 variables for success that he has learned from decades of experience with leaders and organizations. (11:57)
LISTEN NOW FOR ALL THE BEST TIPS TO BE THE BEST LEADER!
Mike is a master at helping organizations communicate more effectively, and he shares REAL-WORLD CONFLICT RESOLUTION tactics when culture becomes toxic. (14:00)
He shares another story about proactive organizational design and how NOT to throw a new leader under the bus when entering a battlezone. (16:43)
You will also hear about how Mike:
- Was asked to start a wellness program at Kellogg’s in the 80’s because of his love for running (21:43)
- How his faith has guided him to a successful career (26:07)
- Wisdom from hindsight: What he would do differently (27:39)
“A really wise person once said, ‘The true value of a surgeon is not how well the surgeon cuts. It’s how well the patient heals.’” Mike Glenn (28:35)
Mike’s final words reflect on his desire to follow up on his clients better and to create a legacy with the help of the Talent Magnet Institute.